Why Hair Oil Treatment Is Good for Your Hair
If you are new to the concept of using a hair oil treatment, you may wonder what all the buzz is about. Natural oils have properties that are nourishing, moisturizing, and protective. All hair types can benefit from using our 100% natural hair oil treatments. They are also useful for treating a number of hair and scalp ailments such as psoriasis.
Why Should You Use Our Natural Hair Oils?
Our skin is designed in such a way that it can keep itself moisturized. Hair does not have this property. Hair follicles produce an oil called sebum which is designed to travel down the shaft of hair and keep it hydrated and healthy. However, this natural process doesn’t follow all the rules for everyone. Plus, with modern coloring and styling techniques, natural oils are not enough to keep the hair brilliant and shiny.
Our hair oils are designed to fill this gap. The natural and essential oils supplement the follicle’s production of sebum and helps provide the moisture and protection hair needs.
Are Hair Oils New?
Hair oils are not a new thing at all. They have been used for literally hundreds of years. But we are just now beginning to understand the benefits and positive effects they can have on lives including our hair. Our products are specifically crafted with oils that provide the moisturizing and protective effect needed for the skin and hair. It softens and nourishes the hair as well as the scalp.
Natural Oils in Our Hair Oil Treatments
Lilyam oils are all-natural plant-based oils that provide numerous benefits for your hair. They can be generally classified as fatty oils and essential oils. Fatty oils are derived from nuts, seeds, leaves, berries, or flowers. They are a bit greasier than essential oils. This means they will not evaporate as quickly as an essential oil. These oils are parts of plants and they protect the seed while it is part of the plant.
Essential oils are extracted from different plants too. They come from plants and plant parts including flowers, roots, leaves, trees, and grasses. Not all plants produce an essential oil. But for those that do, these natural oils are extracted from leaves, needles, fruits, shells, and other parts of plants. For the plant, essential oil is part of its survival. They have a strong fragrance or odor that may be a signal that the plant is ready to be pollinated or harvested. They also warn predators to stay away. Most essential oils cannot be applied directly to the skin without irritation or burning sensations. This is one reason our hair oil treatments contain both a carrier or vegetable-based, oil to dilute essential oils so they can be effective without damaging the skin.
5 Top Reasons to Use Hair Oils
There are many reasons to use our natural hair oils. Some of these include:
- Decrease hair loss or shedding
- Improve growth
- Improve dry scalp
- Reduce psoriasis and its side effects
- Reduce postpartum hair loss
These are a few of the reasons, but now let’s look at the top five benefits of using hair oil treatment.
- Strengthen Your Hair: Natural oils improve the elasticity of the hair which means that it’s not as likely to break.
- Protects from Heat Damage: Using our natural hair oils will help coat each strand of hair and help defend against damage from heat.
- Prevent Frizzy Hair: Most of the natural oils in our products are high in both fatty acids and vitamin E. These oils create a natural barrier to prevent moisture loss. It also protects hair from humidity entering the shaft. This keeps frizz at bay.
- Promotes Healthy Hair Growth: By hydrating and strengthening shafts of hair, natural oils prevent breakage and can help hair grow more quickly without being damaged.
- Provide UV Protection: Botanical oils contain plant phenols which naturally prevent UV radiation from causing damage. It can also reverse the negative effects of UV rays.
These are just a few of the primary benefits of using natural hair oils. Stay tuned as next week we will start looking at each of our natural ingredients and the specific benefit they can provide for your hair to keep it healthy and shiny.